How To Stop Spam Emails
In today´s post I will share with you some great tips on how to stop spam emails.
What Is Spam?
Spam covers any kind of unsolicited email. It could be sent to your for one of the following reasons:
- Semi-legal activities (pharmacy, pyramid schemes, compensation schemes)
- Distributing Malware (i.e. viruses)
- Phishing (i.e. attempts to trick you into providing sensitive details like passwords, credit cards, etc.)
- Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks – large numbers of computers used to attack a particular system by flooding with requests
These are just some example. The key points are that they are a) unsolicited and b) sent in bulk – tens often hundreds of thousands are sent and c) are usually sent with the intention of harming the recipient or tricking them.
Why It’s Important To Stop Spam
Spam hurts all of us on a number of levels.
- Wasted time dealing with unsolicited emails
- Financial loss through stolen financial details
- Financial loss through computer damage
- Reputational damage through identity theft
- Staff time wasted dealing with unsolicited emails
- Downtime due to viruses
- Reputational damage due to hacked website or emails
- Financial damage due to lost data
- Financial loss due to fixing exploited systems
- Less bandwidth available for genuine activity
- False positives – genuine emails don’t get through
The Only Way To Prevent Spam
If you want to prevent Spam there is only one reliable way to achieve this and that is through the use of an industrial strength Spam Filter such as SpamExperts.
The way that SpamExperts works is by filtering emails BEFORE they arrive at your inbox.
Traditionally Spam Filters work by examining emails when they hit your inbox. By then it’s too late.
The only way to be sure is to get ahead of the problem by checking emails before they arrive at your inbox and this is how SpamExperts works.
It has an in built algorithm that recognises patterns of Spam. It filters all incoming emails and it stops them dead before they even get to your inbox.
How Accurate Is SpamExperts?
SpamExperts is extremely effective. In fact it recognizes over 99.9% of Spam immediately.
As soon as you switch SpamExperts on you will notice an immediate drop in the amount of Spam that hits your inbox.
It is very accurate and it will only let genuine emails come in.
How Much Does It Cost To Stop Spam?
You can set up Spam Experts for 10 emails at a cost of less than £1.75 per month per email address.
That’s less than 6 pence a day to get your inbox back again.
You can find out more and order Spam Experts at https://www.pickaweb.co.uk/spam-filter/
We hope you have found this technote useful on how to prevent spam.
Thanks for reading and leave your questions below to keep the conversation going.