Watch this video to find out how you can configure a POP email account with SSL in Outlook 2010.
As soon as Outlook 2010 has been installed on your computer, you should set up your email account. If you want to configure a POP email account with an SSL connection in Outlook 2010, you can complete this task within a couple of minutes successfully.
The steps you’ll need to follow include –
1. After launching Outlook 2010, click the File tab.
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Enter your name; it will appear in your emails.
4. Enter the email address you want configured.
5. Enter the password of the email account.
6. Enter the password again to confirm.
7. Click this option – Manually configure server settings or additional server types.
8. Click the Next button.
9. Ensure that the Internet Email option is selected.
10. Ensure POP3 is chosen as account type.
11. Type the incoming and outgoing mail server addresses.
12. Enter full email address as username.
13. Enter the password.
14. Click the More Settings button.
15. Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
16. Check this option – My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
17. Go to the Advanced tab.
18. Check this option – This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL).
19. Select SSL for the outgoing server.
20. Enter 465 for the secure port number.
21. Click the OK button.
22. Click the Next button.
23. Finally, click the Finish button to accomplish the task.
That’s how you can configure a POP or POP3 email account with SSL encrypted connection in Outlook 2010.