Check out this video to learn how you can configure a POP email account in Outlook 2010.
There are different types of email accounts, known by the internet protocol name they use. One of the most common among them is a POP3 (or simply POP) email account. If you have Outlook 2010, you can configure a POP email account there within minutes.
The steps to follow include –
1. After you’ve launched Outlook 2010, click the File tab.
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Enter your name; it will show in your emails.
4. Enter the email address you want to configure.
5. Enter the email account’s password.
6. Re-enter the password for confirmation.
7. Click the option (at the bottom) to manually configure email settings.
8. Click the Next button.
9. Make sure the Internet Email option is selected.
10. Click the Next button.
11. Make sure POP3 is selected as account type.
12. Enter the incoming mail server address.
13. Enter the outgoing mail server address.
14. Enter your full email address as user name.
15. Enter the password.
16. Click the More Settings button.
17. Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
18. Check this box – My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
19. Go to the Advanced tab.
20. If required, change your server port numbers or click OK.
21. Click the Next button.
22. Finally, click the Finish button.
That’s how you can configure or set up a POP email account in Outlook 2010 successfully.