In this video tutorial, you’ll learn how to configure an IMAP email account in Outlook 2010.
This tutorial is for customers on the Pickaweb hosting service.
IMAP is a much preferred email account type. When you configure your email account with an IMAP connection, you’re actually choosing to access emails directly from the mail server. If you have launched Outlook 2010, you can configure an IMAP email account within minutes.
Here are steps you’ll need to perform –
1. Go to the File tab.
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Enter your name, the one you want to display in emails.
4. Enter the email address you want configured.
5. Enter the password of the email account.
6. Re-enter the password for conformation.
7. Select the option at bottom to manually configure mail server settings.
8. Click the Next button.
9. See to it that the Internet Email option is selected.
10. Choose IMAP as the account type.
11. Enter the incoming mail server address.
12. Enter the outgoing mail server address.
13. Enter full email address as the username.
14. Enter the password.
15. Click the More Settings button.
16. Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
17. Check this box – My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
18. Go to the Advanced tab.
19. If required, change server port numbers or click the OK button.
20. Click the Next button.
21. Click the Finish button to complete.
That’s how you can successfully configure an IMAP email account in Outlook 2010 and enjoy easy access to all your emails and email folders, regardless of whether you use a computer or a mobile device.