Find out in this video how to configure an IMAP email account with SSL encrypted connection in Outlook 2010.
An IMAP email account allows you to access and manage your emails right from the email server. If you want to configure an IMAP email account with SSL as the encrypted connection type, you can get it done successfully in a couple of steps.
Here’s how to get it done –
1. Click on the File tab.
2. Click the Add Account button.
3. Enter your name; it will appear in your emails.
4. Enter the email address that you want to configure.
5. Enter the password of the email account.
6. Re-enter the password for confirmation.
7. Choose the option at the bottom to manually configure mail server settings.
8. Click the Next button.
9. Make sure that the Internet Email option is selected.
10. Click the Next button.
11. Now, choose IMAP as the account type.
12. Enter the incoming mail server address.
13. Enter the outgoing mail server address.
14. Type the full email address as the username.
15. Enter the password.
16. Click the More Settings button.
17. Go to the Outgoing Server tab.
18. Click this option – My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication.
19. Go to the Advanced tab.
20. From the drop-down, choose SSL as the encryption type.
21. From drop-down, choose SSL for the outgoing server too.
22. Enter 465 for secure port number.
23. Click the OK button.
24. Click the Next button.
25. Click the Finish button to complete.
That’s how you an IMAP email account with SSL can be configured in Outlook 2010 in minutes.