If you want to create and run Ruby on Rails application from within your cPanel, you can fulfill this specific requirements in a couple of steps.
Here’s how to get it done –
1. Log in to cPanel.
2. Click on the icon for “Ruby on Rails”.
3. Check the box for “Load on boot?”
4. Fill in the “App Name” box with the application name”.
5. Application Path will be automatically filled as public_html/application_name.
6. Select “production” for the Environment, which should already be selected as the default.
7. Click “Create”.
After starting the application, you can access it using this URL: http://domainname/app_name/public/
Each application will be using a port above 12000(>12000). The application will be automatically assigned a port when we are creating the application from cPanel.