Google Mail Fetcher is a feature offered by Gmail with which you can access all your emails from one place along with your Gmail account. It is possible to configure up to 5 different email accounts as POP3. This is exactly like configuring an Email client but the advantage is that you can centralize all the emails with Gmail. It is bit more secure as well in comparison to remembering the email password in your email client or your email client being affected by viruses in your local computer and resulting in sending spam mails.
Here are the steps to add the POP3 email accounts in Google Mail Fetcher:
- Login to your Gmail account and click on the gear icon present in the top right corner.
- From the drop down menu, select settings.
- From the Settings window, select Accounts and Import tab and click on the option Add a POP3 mail account you own.
- Then specify the email address you want to add.
- Proceed to the next step.
- In the next step, you need to specify the Username, Password and POP Server and Port number.
This is the settings with which actual authentication of the email account takes place, so provide the correct credentials and feel free to contact our 24/7 support if we are hosting your email accounts.
Username: Full email address.
Password: Password of the email address you are adding.
POP Server: Hostname of the mail server. You can use the domain name itself if the domain is pointing to the mail server.
Port: 110 (Non-SSL connection) and 995 (SSL connection, recommended). Select the port number by clicking the drop down.
You can select the check boxes for more options depending on your requirement.
- Leave a copy of retrieved messages on the server – To leave a copy of the all the mails in the server and you’ll be able to access mails of this account from multiple email clients if you want to access it from many devices.
- Always use a secure connection (SSL) when retrieving mail – Establishes an SSL connection with Gmail and the mail server so that all the data transaction will be encrypted.
- Label incoming messages – To classify the mails of this particular account that you are adding to a name. If you add a label ‘Pickaweb’ for the mail account [email protected], here is how it looks like:
- Archive incoming messages – To archive the mails of the email account that you are adding.
- Click on Add Account after verifying the settings.
You can configure this added email account to send emails as well. In the next step you’ll be asked if you want to send email address from this added email address. If you want proceed, select ‘Yes’ and if you don’t select ‘No’. If you choose ‘Yes’, in the next steps you need to specify the SMTP server settings which is used to send emails where as POP settings is used to receive emails.
Select ‘Yes’ and go to Next Step
- The first information you need to add is the Name that you wish others see when they receive your mail. You can set any name you wish.
In the next step you need to provide the SMTP authentication credentials which includes:
- SMTP Server: Name of the server through which you send mail. If you are hosting with us, enter the hostname we’ve sent you in the welcome mail.
- Username: Your email address.
- Password: Your email address password.
- Port: 587 (SSL port) and 25 (non-SSL port)
Among the check box options, go with the recommended option ‘Secured connection using TLS‘.
- Click on ‘Add Account‘. This will send a verification code to your email address as part of security and in the last step, you just need to provide the verification code and click on Verify button.
That’s it, you are good to go now! You can now send and receive mails from and to email address you’ve hosted somewhere else with Gmail with this. Good news is that you can add 5 different email addresses like this.
Contact our 24/7 support if you need a hand with this.