Watch this video to understand how you can change a MySQL database user’s password in cPanel.
It’s easy to update or change the password of a MySQL database user from your web hosting cPanel. But you’ll need to remember the existing password to replace it with a new one. In case you’ve lost a database user’s password, you can delete that particular user and recreate them again while also keeping in mind to add that user to the respective database.
To change a MySQL database user’s password, follow these steps –
1. Log in to your cPanel interface.
2. Go to the Databases category on the home screen.
3. Click on the MySQL Databases icon.
4. Under Current Users, find the user whose password you want to change.
5. Click on that particular user link.
6. Enter your old or existing password.
7. Enter a new password.
8. Re-enter the new password for confirmation.
9. Finally, click the Change Password button.
That’s how you can replace the old password of a MySQL database user with a new one, from your cPanel.