Large images aren’t always required, and they also use more space. When using WordPress, you can upload the original images and then crop them as per your requirements.
Though WordPress is not a photo editing tool like Photoshop, it does provide you with some basic options so that you can resize or crop images before making them live.
Here’s how you can crop large images
- Log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- In the left navigation, go to Media and click on Add New.
- Upload the image.
- Click the ‘Edit’ link next to the image.
- Now, click the ‘Edit Image’ button at the bottom of image.
- On the image editor screen, edit or crop the image.
The image editor screen doesn’t only allow you to crop a large image but also flip, rotate or resize them as required. Once you have cropped the image, you can easily insert it into posts.