In this video tutorial, we show you how to decide which script in Softaculous is right for you.
Since Softaculous is a commercial script library, it offers you a number of scripts for different uses. As of April 2010, it features as many as 138 scripts and applications. Therefore, it’s important decide which scripts are right for your needs. With this software at your disposal, you can install scripts without having to upload files.
For each script that Softaculous features, it also has a rating system as well as a demo for your convenience.
Here’s how to check out the script ratings –
1. Log in to your cPanel interface.
2. Navigate to the Software/Services section.
3. Click-open Softaculous.
4. Click the Star sign at the top.
5. Click any logo to view/rate a script.
6. See the number of people who have rated and average ratings.
Now, let’s have a look at the script demos –
7. Click the big Arrow sign (just before Star sign) at the top.
8. Click a logo to view its demo.
9. Check out the demo.
Go back to Softaculous and click any title in the left navigation menu. It will take you to the category view, where you can see the comparison of multiple scripts side by side and check the ratings each of them has got from users so as to choose the right one. Further, if you click a title in the comparison list, you’ll be taken to the overview page of that particular software application and view the description, version etc.