In this post I will show you how to delete a WordPress theme.
A theme is a predefined website template for your WordPress site which is used to modify the appearance of your website without having to write program codes.
So, you may sometimes want to delete an installed theme in order to install another nicer theme. Or else, you may come across situations where a particular theme causes some issues and you may want to delete it altogether. No worries, you can easily remove any WordPress theme in minutes.
There are two ways to delete a theme – from your WordPress admin panel and via the FTP program.
To delete WP theme from WordPress admin or dashboard:
- If you have a WordPress hosting account, log in to your WordPress dashboard.
- Go to Appearances in the left menu, and click on Themes.
- Locate the theme that you want to remove.
- Click the Delete link corresponding to that particular theme.
To delete a WordPress theme using the FTP program:
- Open the FTP program, and log in to your hosting server with your FTP login credentials.
- Navigate to the folder where WordPress is installed.
- Go to themes directory (by default it is: wp-content/themes).
- Delete the theme folder which is usually named in the name of the corresponding theme.
That’s it! You can use any of the above-mentioned methods to delete any WordPress theme that’s causing an issue or the one that you don’t want to remain in the WordPress folder anymore.
We hope you have found this tutorial useful on how to remove a WordPress theme.
Thanks for reading and leave your questions below to keep the conversation going.