If you’re running a WordPress site, one of the biggest challenges that you face is to keep it secure. There are various types of hacking attempts against which you need to protect your site. To improve the security of your WordPress site, our team of specialists works relentlessly. However, you also need to follow some best practices.
Here’s what you can do –
1. Always make sure that the WordPress version you’re using is the most recent one. At the same time, you should keep the theme and all the plugins up-to-date so as to avoid security threats.
2. The next important thing you should pay attention to is who has access to your WordPress admin. Both the wp-admin folder and the wp-login.php should be accessed by only those people who really need access to these areas. Incorrect login attempts should always be prevented.
3. Keeping the admin username of your WordPress site as ‘admin’ is something you should always avoid. WordPress sites with ‘admin’ as the admin username are highly vulnerable to brute-force attacks, and other attacks of similar nature. If that is the case, you should immediately change your WordPress username so that your site is safe from hacking.
4. What’s the password for logging in to your WordPress admin? This is something that’s extremely important. If you have a password that’s easy to guess for attackers, you are at high risk of getting your site hacked. Never ever use passwords like ‘123456’ or ‘654321’ or ‘abc123’ or the word ‘password’ itself. If you want to improve your site’s security, you should have a password that’s a combination of capital letters, small letters, symbols and numbers in a way that isn’t easy to guess. Apart from keeping your WordPress administrator password unique, you should also remember to change it periodically to have enhanced security.
5. The quality of your wordpress hosting provider also matters a lot. If you choose a low quality hosting company, you can easily compromise the security of your WordPress site. Thankfully, Pickaweb considers security as the prime concern while offering strong protective features like latest PHP/MySQL version support, special web application firewall for WordPress and encroachment identification system among others.
6. Your WordPress site also runs a high risk of being attacked or hacked, if your computer itself is not secure. By hacking into your computer system, attackers can easily get hold of your log in details. Therefore, it’s crucial that you always use a strong anti-virus software program and keep it up-to-date at all times. It’s important to keep your computer safe and well-protected against any kind of malware software or viruses.
The security of your WordPress site should never be ignored. Whether it’s a brand new site or older, it’s important to make sure that you adhere to all the best practices and guidelines mentioned above. Also, our customer support team is always at your service to provide answers to all those questions that relate to the security of your WordPress site.