In this video tutorial, we show you how to install a script (or web application) using Softaculous.
Softaculous offers you a host of scripts to install, from within cPanel. Whether you want to install a blog, a CMS, a portal, a forum or an e-commerce software, you can get it all done automatically via Softaculous. Once you’ve purchased the license for Softaculous, you’ll find this application under the Software/Services section of the cPanel.
Here’s how to install a script using Softaculous –
1. Log in to your cPanel.
2. Navigate to the Software/Services section.
3. Click on the Softaculous icon.
4. Click Textpatten (for example) under Blogs in left navigation.
5. Click on the Features tab to check out features of Textpattern.
6. Click on the Demo tab to understand installation process.
7. Click on the Ratings and Reviews tab for more information.
8. Click on the Install tab.
9. Select the domain for which you want to install a script.
10. Set the site name and description.
11. Enter admin password, email and a real name.
12. Click the Install button.
In a moment, you’ll receive a congratulation message that you’ve installed the software application successfully.
[Note: If you have the script already installed via another auto-installer or manually, you can simply import that particular script so that it can be managed by Softaculous.]