Did you forget the password of your WordPress site?
If so, reset or create a new WordPress password in a few moments. To achieve this task, you can either go to your WordPress admin login screen or perform a manual password reset using phpMyAdmin feature in cPanel.
Let’s see how to do it from the WordPress login screen –
- Go to your WordPress login screen.
- At the bottom of the login form, click the Lost your password link.
- Enter the username or the email associated with this account.
- Click the Get New Password button.
In a moment, the password reset link will be emailed to you. Using the link, you can enter your new password and have it reset.
Now, let’s see how to do it manually via phpMyAdmin:
- Log in to your cPanel interface.
- Navigate to the Databases section.
- Click on the phpMyAdmin icon.
- Select the WordPress database in the left panel list.
- Go to the users table and locate the specific username.
- Click the Edit button under that username.
- Type the new password in the user_pass field, under the Value column.
- Choose MD5 from the Function drop-down menu.
- Finally, click the Go button.
That’s how you can get a new password for logging in to your WordPress website or blog while fixing the lost password issue. Depending on what your exact requirements are, you can use any of the above-mentioned methods to accomplish the task.