Watch this video tutorial on how to set up hotlink protection in cPanel.
This tutorial is for customers on the Pickaweb hosting service.
The Hotlink Protection feature in cPanel allows you to do it easily. Follow the steps given below to stop other websites from linking to media files on your website to save on bandwidth usage.
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. In the Security section, click on the HotLink Protection icon.
3. Make sure your own websites are listed in the URLs to Allow Access box on the next page.
4. Enter all file types you want to protect.
5. Check the Allow direct requests box if you want to enable entering URLs of a protected file manually.
6. Enter a URL you want to redirect to when someone attempts to hotlink to media files on your site.
7. Click on the Submit button.
You’ve successfully set up hotlink protection for your website.