In this video tutorial, we show you how to set up a subdomain in cPanel.
Via your cPanel control panel you can set up multiple subdomains.
A subdomain has the following URL format – http://subdomain.domain.com/. You may need subdomains to create mobile versions of your website, blogs, forums etc.
Follow the steps given below to set up one or more subdomains from within the cPanel –
1. Log in to your cPanel account.
2. In the Domains section, click on the Subdomains icon.
3. Enter the prefix of your subdomain.
4. Select the domain where you want to set up the subdomain, if you manage multiple domains.
5. A directory name (which is the same as your subdomain name) will appear. You may change it if you want.
6. Click the Create button.
You’ve successfully created a new subdomain. However, remember that your new subdomain name may take up to 24 hours to propagate.