If you need to transfer your WordPress blog from one hosting provider to another please use the following instructions.
If you have a hosting with Pickaweb we can do this for you for FREE.
Check our free website migration service.
- Backup and restore the WordPress files.
- Export and Import the WordPress database.
- Tie the WordPress files with the new database if necessary.
Backup and restore the WordPress files
- Login to the hosting control panel and create a website backup.
- Move the backup file to the new server via FTP or SFTP or SCP.
- Extract the backup archive in the data directory of the website.
Export and Import the WordPress database
- Login to phpMyAdmin via the old server.
- Export the database in ‘.sql’ format.
- Move the database backup to the new server via FTP or SFTP or SCP.
- Login to the control panel of the new server and create a new database.
- Login to phpMyAdmin of the new server and import the database backup.
Tie the WordPress files with the new database if necessary
Edit the file ‘wp-config.php‘ in the new server with the new database credentials (if it is not same as that in the old server) which include:
DB_NAME: Name of the database
DB_USER: Name of the MySQL user assigned to the database
DB_PASSWORD: Password of the MySQL user
If you need any help transferring your website, we can do this for you.
Contact us via chat 24/7, we can help you move your WordPress site with minimal downtime.