If you need to transfer your WordPress blog from one hosting provider to another please use the following instructions.
If you have a hosting with Pickaweb we can do this for you for FREE.
Check our Pickaweb’s free website migration service.
- Backup and restore the WordPress files.
- Export and Import the WordPress database.
- Tie the WordPress files with the new database if necessary.
Backup and restore the WordPress files
- Login to the hosting control panel and create a website backup.
- Move the backup file to the new server via FTP or SFTP or SCP.
- Extract the backup archive in the data directory of the website.
Export and Import the WordPress database
- Login to phpMyAdmin via the old server.
- Export the database in ‘.sql’ format.
- Move the database backup to the new server via FTP or SFTP or SCP.
- Login to the control panel of the new server and create a new database.
- Login to phpMyAdmin of the new server and import the database backup.
Tie the WordPress files with the new database if necessary
Edit the file ‘wp-config.php‘ in the new server with the new database credentials (if it is not same as that in the old server) which include:
DB_NAME: Name of the database
DB_USER: Name of the MySQL user assigned to the database
DB_PASSWORD: Password of the MySQL user
WordPress websites can also be migrated via WordPress plugins like BackupBuddy.
If you need any help transferring your website, we can do this for you.
Contact us via chat 24/7, we can help you move your WordPress site with minimal downtime.