When you don’t need an installed WordPress plugin anymore, you may want to uninstall it.
In a few clicks, you can deactivate a plugin that you want to stop from functioning. However, you can also remove a plugin altogether depending on your specific requirements. Whether you install a plugin or uninstall it, you should do it carefully as they can change your WordPress installation or the coding in the theme.
Here’s how you can uninstall a plugin –
1. Log in to your WordPress admin.
2. Go to Plugins in the left column.
3. Locate the plugin you want to uninstall.
4. Click on the Deactivate link corresponding to that plugin.
It’s important to remember that uninstalling a plugin in the WordPress admin section doesn’t remove it permanently.
Here’s how to remove or permanently delete a plugin –
1. Log in to your site using FTP client.
2. Navigate to the Plugins directory.
3. Locate the plugin that you want to remove.
4. Delete the files and folder of that plugin.
That’s how you can uninstall or get rid of one or more WordPress plugins that are no longer required.
I you are looking for a wordpress hosting provider check Pickaweb.