In this video, we show how you can create and manage outgoing mail servers in Apple Mail.
No matter which email program you’re using, emails are sent using an outgoing mail server. Unless you have an outgoing server set up, you won’t be able to send emails to anyone. From Apple Mail, you can create and manage outgoing mail servers.
Here’s how you can do it –
1. Log in to your Apple Mail.
2. Go to Mail.
3. Click Preferences.
4. Edit your SMTP servers.
5. Click Advanced.
6. Set custom ports, use SSL and choose the authentication type (if any).
7. Click the plus (+) icon to add a new server.
8. Enter a short description for the new server.
9. Enter the server name.
10. Go to Advanced.
11. Choose the authentication method, if you’ll use it.
12. Enter username and password.
13. Click the OK button.
You’ve successfully added the outgoing server. Now, it can be set to be used by mail accounts.