Setting email client in Outlook with SSL (POP3) doesn’t take much time. You can accomplish this task easily in a couple of simple steps.
Here’s how to do it –
1. On the Internet E-mail Settings (POP3) window, enter your information as follows:
> Your Name : Your first and last name
> E-mail Address: Your email address
> User Name : Your email address, again
> Account Type: Select POP3 from the drop down
> Incoming mail server : Server hostname (Eg : node006.hostingseries.net, you can get the hostname from the pickaweb welcome mail)
> Outgoing mail server (SMTP): Server hostname (Eg: node006.hostingseries.net , you can get the hostname from the pickaweb welcome mail)
> Password : Your email account password
> Require logon using Secure Password Authentication (SPA) : Check this box
2. Once you have filled in all the filed’s, click “More Settings…”
3. On the Internet E-mail Settings go to the Outgoing Server tab
4. Select My outgoing (SMTP) requires authentication and leave the default option of Use same settings as my incoming mail server
5. Go to the Advanced tab, and enter the information below:
> Incoming server (POP3) : 995
> This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) : Check this box
> Outgoing server (SMTP) : 465
> Use the following type of encrypted connection : Select SSL from the drop down
6. Once you have completed the filed’s, click OK.
7. Back on the Internet E-mail Settings window click Next.
8. Click Finish.