The File Manager allows you to manage your site through HTTP rather than an FTP tool or other third-party application. You can upload, create or delete files, organize files in folders and change file permissions. While not as sophisticated as most FTP tools, File Manager gives you all the basic functionality necessary to manage your site.
How to Access the File Manager
Please follow the steps for accessing File Manager:
1. Log in to your cPanel using the URL: http://yourdomain/cpanel (Eg: http://example.com/cpanel)
2. Click on the File manager icon under the teb “Files”.
3. Then you will be able to pick the directory for which to open File Manager, select the directory and click on button “GO”.
4. Then you can see the File manager window.
How to Upload Files
Please follow the steps for uploading files into your web hosting space.
1. You can start uploading files through File Manager by clicking on the Upload icon.
2. Navigate to the folder where you want to upload your files.
3. Click on the Upload icon.
4. Click on the Browse button next to one of the top fields.
5. Search for and double-click on the first file to upload. The upload will start automatically.
6. Repeat the above steps for each file you want to upload. You can open more upload boxes by clicking on the Add Another Upload Box link.
7. Click on the Overwrite existing files check box if you want to overwrite existing files with the same name.
You can download files from the server to your personal computer through the Download option. You can copy and move files between the account’s folders through the Copy and Move File functionality. You can Rename and Delete the existing files through the corresponding options.
How to Download Files
To download file(s) from File manager to your local machine, follow the steps below:
1. Log in to cPanel >> Click on ‘File Manager’ tab under the section “Files”.
2. A pop-up window comes up prompting to click one among four checkboxes. They will be Home Directory, Web Root, Public_FTP and Document Root. Select ‘Document Root’ and click “Go”.
3. In the next window, you will see a list of directories; click on public_html in the left pane and the list of files and folders under it will be listed in the right pane.
4. Select the file for download and click ‘Download’ button at top. Depending on your browser, you will get a prompt to save the file to your local machine. Browse to the correct location and save the file.
5. If you require to download multiple files, press Ctrl key and select the files and click ‘Download’ button.