What Is A Web Server?
A Web Server is a software which uses HyperText Transfer Protocol (HTTP) to present web files from a physical server to the user’s browser via HTTP. Without a web server users would not be able to view the web files, i.e. web pages.
Popular Alternatives to Apache Web Server
Pickaweb uses LiteSpeed for all shared hosting services.
What Are The Advantages Of Apache Web Server?
- Low Cost. Apache is OpenSource and free
- Reliability and Support. Apache has been performing strongly for many years and has a large, active and vibrant support community
- Documentation. Apache is well documented and frequently updated
- Flexibility. Apache will run on pretty much any OS including Linux, Windows, MacOS
- Scalability. It can handle thousands of websites as well as it handles one or two and is comfortable with either static or dynamic content
- Feature Rich. It is continually enhanced and it can handle pretty much anything